Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 3 In Paris

Day three in Paris was
the one day I had very mixed feelings about.

It was the day we planned to go to the top
of the Eiffel Tower!!!

If you know me well, you know I am
terrified of heights.

Being the team player that I am
I had pre-purchased tickets to the top.
 We arrived to the tower about 20 minutes
before our scheduled time.
When we arrived the line was already
long, but we quickly realized
there are two (line) queues.
For those who pre-purchased
tickets we were the first ones in line!!!
 During our wait it became clear
that it was a lot colder than the day before.
 First in the elevator and first to the top!!!
All the planning paid off.
 Three things you should know
it was about 15 degrees colder at the top, the wind
was crazy and this is the only a picture
I took from the top.
I spent all my time kissing the wall
and holding my very cold baby boy!!!
I made it to the top and that's all that counts.

 Mr. PC and Diva walked around and tried to take pictures,
the clouds did not cooperate.
According to Mr. PC 99% of the time
you could only see clouds.

Waiting to head down to the 2 floor!!

 Pictures on the way down

 On the second floor we got a few more pictures.
 At times the clouds played nice and other times
they did not.
 Still spent  most of my time kissing the wall!
We grabbed a snack and picked up a few souvenirs
before we called it at day!!

Once on the ground we got a clear understanding of
why we could not see anything from the top.
We could not even see the top of the tower
because of clouds




Once on the ground we had one mission.....
find a Gap and get some warmer clothes.

I do not think the temperature got above 40
and the wind was crazy!!

I did not find one GAP I found no less than
5 Gaps!!!
(do you think I can find one in Germany, that would
be a big NO)
With the kids rocking some new winter
gear we jumped back onto the
hop-on-hop-off bus
to see more of the city.








 With this we knew it was time to jump off
 the bus and do a little more
exploring on foot before
we grabbed some food.
It was another 14 hours day
and kids once again did awesome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment