Sunday, April 12, 2009

Can I get a do-over?

I plan, I love to plan and because of that, I want things always to be perfect. This Easter things are not going according to plan. I feel the like a super failure.

It started back the end of February; beginning of March when I log onto PB Kids to order Mr. Man Easter Basket. That same one I ordered 3 years ago for the Diva, but his would be blue and white. Guess what???? That liner was out of stock. I figured they would get more in stock seeing that it was not even April yet. I checked back every few day to see if it was in, but it never was. I realized I would have to order a different liner. When I went to do that, it was also out of stock. Mr. Man will not get his Easter Basket this year. I am sure he will not care, but I do. I feel like I failed him.

We go to color eggs today. I love to color eggs, but decided that we will do only 18 because I am not sure how we will even eat that many eggs. I boil the eggs, get the color all ready to go and put everything on the table. Then it hits me…..I got brown eggs ;-( I know that I needed to buy white eggs, but we eat brown. Out of habit, that is what I grabbed. Coloring eggs did not go as planed. We had to leave them in the dye for about 10 minutes to get them pick up any color. The Diva just did not get how that was any fun.

All day long, I have had a feeling that I was forgetting something and then it hits me pictures with the bunny. I try to do this stuff weeks before the holiday, but it did not happen this year. Every time we went to the mall the bunny was MIA. Now I had to redress the kids and get to mall. Only to stand in a long line while the bunny was MIA. The bunny arrives about 20 minutes later and about 15 minutes after that it was our turn. The kids did great ;-). Smiles and more smiles!

I hope tomorrow all things go according to plan and kids have a blast. Here are the pictures:










No comments:

Post a Comment