Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Pottery Shopping

 One of the things about living in a different country is finding

all the popular items the different areas are known for.

Just like when we lived in Germany, I am always up for a bus trip

to do a little shopping.

This time it was to look at pottery, similar to when I took

a girls trip to Poland, I had no clue that I needed pottery.




The first stop was to a store that sold beautiful blue and white dishes and

 it was at this point I knew I was going to be in trouble 

and that I was going to need to pace myself!




Then we visited a store known for purple pottery and I found so many things I wanted.
I had no clue that I loved the color purple so much!

Other than the purple store this one was my favorite. It was more like an art 
gallery and a lot of his items are bought to be resold in different stores.





I found a lot of 
unique and beautiful pieces, but I just was not sure what I do with them.

Happy pots are very popular here and I want to grab a few, because I think

they will make great halloween decorations, but this store selling them, 

didn't make them, so it had a lot of mark up. I will have to take

a different trip to buy happy pots.


















Just like in Europe the body is often used as art and displayed everywhere.

Pieces like this were seen in almost every store.





The trip was nicely done. The bus stopped at a rest area about halfway to our first stop 
and we could grab a snack or use the restroom. 
Some of the stops only had one store and other stops had a few, but all the shops were in the same town. 
Here are a few of the snacks I saw along the way. If you want a box of
random snacks from here just let me know.


The plan was if we had enough time we would stop at a pork cutlet restaurant
on the way home, but my friend doesn't eat meat, and knew it would have nothing for me either,
so at the last location we decided to find food. The last  stop reminded me more of the strip you see 
outside a popular beach. It was a one stop place for the tourists, so we found food and stopped
at the 7/11.


See that nice bowl of food, I did not order it!
My friend ordered food with the help of an app and a very nice man, but I think 
they thought we were both vegetarian and wanted food. 
As my friend was eating her bowl the owner can over a vigorously mixed her food. 
We were both in shock! We did manage to get him not to mix mine. 
We also tried to get mine to go so she could eat it later, but unfortunately something
was lost in translation and my bowl went into the trash!

I had heard rumors the buses used for trips like this are karaoke buses,
 and sure enough it was true!
The party lights came on and the karaoke started!
And just like Germany the wine was flowing! 
It did make the drive home go a lot faster.

Here are just two of the items that I got.
I can not wait to go back again a get a few more items. 
It was a great day trip spent hanging out with friends and 
shopping. I can not wait for the next adventure!





No comments:

Post a Comment