Monday, June 24, 2013

Gonna Need a Plan B

The first year here at Fort Lost we got a pool
membership at the golf course near the house.
We would walk to the pool at 10am and be home
around 12pm. It was great!
For some reason the pool was empty till around noon
and we got it all to our self.
For some reason the last two years
 they did not open the pool.
We have just done a slip and slide
in the backyard because of the slope.
This year I wanted some type of pool
for the kids to play in.
I measured how big the open area
was on the patio off the basement
and got the kids a pool.
Today we got it all
put up and the kids went to town.
 

 They had a lot of fun!

 Both of the kids played
and played.


 Playing 'doggy'.


 The Diva was a sweet big sister today!
She let him splash her over and over
and did not splash him back unless
he asked her to.



 After about 90 minutes it was
time to call it a day.
The kids took a break and I tried
to find a way to empty the pool.
 For some crazy reason it does not have
a drain. I was happy that I did not fill
it up all the way.
I worked for about 20 minutes
emptying buckets of water
out of the pool.
Then I made the kids do some work.
We finally got about 95% of the water
out and was able to move it
over to the edge of patio.
With the help of the kids, I turned the
pool over and out went what was left
of the water!!
It took us a good 30 minutes
to empty the pool out
and my back is feeling it now.
We need a plan B!
This mommy is not going to
empty out the pool with a bucket everyday.
We are going to find a pool with a drain.
 If you know anyone in need of a great pool
without a drain, give me a call.


1 comment:

  1. Did you check the bottom? Sam had a similar pool and for some reason, none that I can think of, the drain was only accessible from the bottom. Pray tell me how one is to open the drain on the bottom when the pool is full of water?

    ReplyDelete