Friday, June 21, 2013

Sometimes You Need To Go Home

Home is not always a house, but a person.
My childhood homes have been sold, so home to me
 is where I find my Grandpa.
 
The joy I have watching my kids play with him
could never be explained in words.

 At times like this when the world just feels
a little to big for me, I go home.
He always has a way of making it all better.
He has wiped many of tears away from my eyes.
From school age broken hearts, to the passing of his wife
and my Grandma and the passing of  my Dad.
I still remember him holding me at my Dads funeral
and saying "Little bit, it is going to be ok."
For some reason I could believe him.
He  has always had time to listen to me,
or just let me sit next to him a never
say a word, but he has
 always known what to say to me.
He drove over 1000 miles to help
 me move into the 1st house
we bought and kept me fed
because I was pregnant at that time
and Mr. PC was away.
 
 Seeing him with my kids
just takes my breath away.

 It was a great day.
Ms. Ann made an amazing lunch and
then we played.
 I wish we had this much wide open land
for the kids to play in.

 The kids took a ride on Grandpa's new toy.

 We played with chalk, bubbles and did
 a little hula hooping.
 This little Diva has some crazy skills.

 This old man is still very young at heart.
 
 Ms. Ann was not going to be out done and showed off
her skills.


 He looks so different in a hat,
 but wanted to be like Grandpa.
 We ended the day with another ride.
The kids had a blast and Grandpa and Ms. Ann
may need a few days to recoup.
I was able to find a little inner peace
and when it was time to say goodbye
the world just did not seem all that big anymore.
 


1 comment:

  1. Babe, this is a tremendous post. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete