Monday, August 12, 2013

One Week Down!

One week of school is behind us now
and I still have a lot of mixed feelings about it.
I will be the first to admit that I've cried more tears
 then both of the kids combined
 From drop off to pick up the kids spend about seven and half
hours at school each day. Then we add in another hour
for piano and voice for the Diva one day a week, plus she
would like to add in soccer and that
is a little much.
Then we have homework!
The Diva has had homework each night.
It has not been hard homework, but math, reading,
spelling, bible, and grammar each night adds up to a lot of time.
 After homework it is dinner time, bath time,
 cuddle time with each kid and then night night time.
 Then we get up and  do it all over again the next day.
 I just feel like we are missing out on so much!
I know we send them to a great school
and it is a top notch education for this area,
but look at this face
 I just can not help but think
we could cover so much more in seven and half
hours on our own.
 Call me crazy, but I miss them so much!
 My sweet baby girl is growing up
way to fast!
 I have looked into a private online school
and I like it a lot!
I think she would knock out the
work in about 3 hours and
we could spend the rest of the day doing other stuff!
 With the big city being a hour away
we have to save all the fun, cool and educational
 stuff for the weekends!
She has missed out on a few things I know
that she would love, but it happens
during the school week.
 I know it is crazy and most people
jump for joy when they send their kids
back to school, but not me!
Their childhood is fleeting by
and I just can not help, but want to try
to slow it down.
I can not stop them from growing up,
but I can do all I can to spend
each and every second that I can with them.
As of now I am fighting the urge
to pull them out of school and do some
 type of  homeschooling.
As much as I want to spend all day with them, I know
they both love school.
I am sure that week two will be just
as great for them as week one  was and maybe
week two will not be as hard on me as week one was.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment