Tuesday, September 27, 2022

19 Year and Forever To Go!

Nineteen years ago in a small baptist church we exchanged
vows in front of God, family and friends!
I would be lying if I said I was not terrified.


The only thing I was for sure of that day
was I could not live my life without you, and that is still true today!
 I had no clue what it meant to be a wife, an Army wife
or what marriage should look like,
 but living life without you was not an option.
On that day I promised to follow you anywhere 
and I would make that promise again today.
Because together we can do anything!


We have had amazing nineteen years.
We have cried more tears of happiness than sadness.
In our most darkest of hours when we both should have been grieving,
you put your grief to the side to take care of me. That is something 
I will never forgot!


We still chase each other around the house and wrestle
like two teenage brothers.
If you didn't know any better you would think we were still newlyweds.

We laugh all the time, can read each others mind, and finish each others sentences.
Being with you is my favorite place to be!


"You are every reason, every hope and every dream that 
I've ever had." -Nicholas Sparks



"I remember the first day I ever looked into your eyes
and felt my entire world flip"-Unknown


In nineteens years we have had three amazing kids, weathered multiple long deployments, built and sold a few homes, moved a lot, traveled the world and lived in three different countries. 

 

 
We have went to our share of military balls, 
explored some renaissance festivals, and even attended a few Oktoberfests,
but the best part was I got to experience it all with my best friend.



Whether we are road trippin' across the US, watching the Red Sox play,


logging miles with the family, exploring different countries, at our happy place (Disney World),
or just chilling on the couch together, you are the person I want by my side. 
You are my ride or die and my happy place.
The world could crash down around me, but if I was in your arms, I know that it would all be ok.

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."-Aristotle







It has been an amazing nineteen and I am excited to see what the next nineteen years look like!
Nineteen down and forever to go!
Happy Anniversary, Babe

"There are no accidental meetings between souls"-Sheila Burke








No comments:

Post a Comment