Thursday, September 22, 2022

Seoul Excited!

 I was "Seoul" excited to begin traveling again!

We decided to start small and do a quick 2-night,

3-day trip to Seoul.

We decided to take the train to Seoul, as traffic and parking can be crazy.

We pulled the kids out of school early on Friday and headed to Seoul. The 

train ride was a quick 45 minutes. 

Before we boarded the train we got some Dunkin'!

Greg was not of fan of the Diva's boba tea and I stuck with my 'go to' drink

iced americano! 

 

While we waited for our train a few trains passed through our station 
going crazy fast.



Once on the train we found our seats and relaxed for 
the next 45 minutes. 


Our hotel was a quick 25 minute walk from the station.
We decided to stick with our hotel brand, when it's not
broken don't fix it. 


Normally in the states we get an oversized room that will fit 5,
 but we quickly realized most rooms in Seoul have max of 3 people.
We ended up with two rooms. Our room was an over sized room with a king bed
and our bathroom had a tub and separate shower. We could see the N. Seoul tower 
from our room. The older two got the room down the hall. That room had 2 twin beds.
The best things about this hotel was the bathroom had windows into the sleeping area. Everyone
was a little freaked out at first, but I knew it had a pull down curtain. 

The view from the older kids bathroom! 

The plan was to head out and find some dinner, 
but we ran into a heavier then expected rain shower,
so we opted for some room service. 
The boys had burgers and club sandwiches, but the
Diva had this.


She said it was amazing and I will have to take her word for it.
I had to bring my food with me for this trip.



The rain stopped and with everyone done with dinner
we headed out on foot to the N. Seoul Tower.

It was a nice walk and we passed some great shopping!
Already planning a shopping day sans kids.






We took the inclined elevator up to the Namsan Cable Car
that took us up to the N. Seoul Tower landing



The N. Seoul Tower changes color! I was able to get few pictures
of some of the different colors. 





The outside area at the base of the tower was beautiful!
It had lots of great photo spots and cool things to check out.









The views from the tower were amazing!
The reason we went at night was because I regret not 
going up the Eiffel Tower at night.
I am so glad we did! I'm sure the view would have been great
durning the day, but something about the night
is magical!





We came back down and did a little more exploring.
Lots of locks of love!



The family got ice cream and I got coffee!
 I will be an expert on where to find the best
iced americano in South Korea before our time
here is up. 




After a few more photos we headed back down!
You can walk up or down from the tower instead of taking the cable cars,
but I was quickly over-ruled on that idea. Something about rain, darkness and the path 
possibly being slick,  I just think they were all being lazy!



I did manage to get them to skip the inclined elevator
and do a little walking. 
I got some amazing photos because of it. 



We headed back to the hotel and along the way
I got a cool photo of the Bank of Korea with 
the traffic moving passed it.


Our  hotel was only a few hundred feet away from the Sungnyemun (Namaemun) 
Gate. The gate is one of eight in the Fortress Wall of Seoul, South Korea, which surrounded the 
city in the Joseon dynasty. It is located in Jung-gu between Seoul Station and Seoul Plaza, with the 
historic 24-hour Namdaemun Market next to the gate. 


After a jam packed day we made it back to the hotel around 9:30 pm and 
 almost everyone passed out from exhaustion. 


I am not sure what it is about a robe and slippers in
a hotel, but it always makes me feel extra special.
After I quick shower I called it night,
morning was coming early, and we had a lot to see and do!



No comments:

Post a Comment